Fiorita A. Poulakaki, MD , PhD,UEMS (European Board of Surgeons on Breast Surgery) - Breast Surgeon
Profile/ Education/Job title
- Graduated from the Medical School of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki in 1996.
- Follow the specialty of General Surgery at University Hospital "Aretaieion" from 1998 to 2004. She completed the PhD at the Medical School of University of Athens in December 2001, entitled "Changes in adrenal hormones during Pringle maneuver ».
- Upon completion of her specialty as a general surgeon in June 2004, she continued her training in breast surgery in the Breast Unit of St Mary's Hospital, London. There she were trained in the full range of oncoplastic techniques of breast surgery and especially the immediate reconstruction after mastectomy. She specializes in the detection and biopsy of the sentinel node (Sentinel Node Biopsy) attending the full course of the Royal College of Surgeons of England & University College (UCL) in London.
- With her return to Greece, she started working in the 3rd Department of Obstetrics & Gynecology of the University of Athens , Attikon Hospital, working as a Head of the Breast Unit until today, specializing in diseases of the breast. Since February 2007 till now she works in Metropolitan Hospital , in Athens in the Breast Unit as a Director Breast Surgeon.
- In September 2011, in Stockholm, she received the European Diploma on Breast Surgery UEMS, (European Board of Surgical Qualification on Breast Surgery-EBSQ).
- Greek Surgical Society Breast (EXEM)
- European Society for Breast Cancer (EUSOMA)
- Scientific Committee of the Mediterranean Interdisciplinary Oncology Forum (MMOF-Mediterranean Multidisciplinary Oncology Forum)